Monday 4 April 2011

LF PSP 2.0! WTB PSP 2.0!

I never did bother with the PSP. Not sure exactly why - it never had an appeal to me!
However i have high expectations for the 'Next Generation Portable' and specifically their kickass graphics! (Video courtesy of Gamespot)

I hate to admit it, but I have a weakness for shiny things with good graphics. Don't we all though?
The NGP's current game line-up looks pretty fine; Uncharted, Resistance and Metal Gear Solid - games that are not my favourites, but i value them higher than Nintendogs and Brain games on the scale of gaming awesomeness.

Personally, I find the new touch screen wizardry bundled into the NGP doesn't impress me much - I've always kinda' cared less for flashy touchscreen gaming devices* with motion control that can probably sing and dance and kill you in your sleep, (touch wood) where as I'd prefer the gaming quality more... which is probably why I disliked the Wii and have made no effort towards looking into the Xbox Kinect. Don't get me wrong though - if implemented nicely and used tastefully with the UI, touchscreen features on the NGP will ROCK!

*I love anything other than a games console with touchscreen.

I know that I'll be looking forward to Sony restorming the market as they did with the Ps2 and hope they don't make the fatal mistake of severely overpricing the unit in the same manner as they did with the Ps3 and so I don't know about you but I'll be ever watching for new information on the upcoming NGP and will probably make it my mission to get one as close as I can to release date.